Another school year is over and this year instead of sitting at home trying to follow all of the action from ISTE virtually, I get to attend in person! I have been busy:
- Reading advice on ISTE from: Katie Stansberry, Kyle, Nicholas Provenzano, Lee Kolbert, Elana Leoni, Joan Young and others including a humorous take on it from David Warlick
- Signing up to help out in the Social Butterfly Lounge
- RSVPing for some after hours social events including: EdTech Karaoke and the ISTE Startup Party and hoping to crash the EduBros event since I didn’t RSVP in time. I’ve also being pouting that I’m not in the DEN and not a GCT because those events sound amazing!
- Studying the Conference Program and overbooking myself big time! Yes, I know this goes against all the advice I’ve read but I don’t plan on being rigid about what I’ve scheduled and will go with the flow much of the time. I’m sure I’d be perfectly happy just hanging out in the lounges & checking out some poster sessions.
- Trying to figure out where the exhibitors that I want to visit are in the Exhibit Hall and installing FableVisions’s ISTE Treasure Hunt app
- Working on a potential ISTE Live! presentation. I’ve participated virtually in these sessions for a few years and would love to actual present if I get something together that I think will work – though being on camera scares me. Ü
I am very excited about meeting some people in person that I only know online and reconnecting with some of my California PLN that I don’t see frequently enough. If I know you from Twitter or Plurk or Elementary Tech Teachers or anywhere else, come see me in the Social Butterfly Lounge Monday from 2-2:30pm or Tuesday from 1:30-2pm!