About Me

Blog AuthorI began working with computers back in the 1970s as a computer operator on huge DEC mainframe machines and Basic4 mini computers (which were a lot bigger than today’s computers and a lot less powerful). I taught myself to program and spent years writing accounting, property management, & construction software. After my youngest daughter was born I became a stay at home mom and started creating web sites – first just for me and then I began creating sites for other people that I knew. This was definitely more for fun than for profit. I still have some web sites that I maintain on an on-going basis.

In the summer of 2007, the computer teacher at my youngest daughter’s school left and I agreed to take over the computer class – at least until December. I was at the school from the fall of 2007 until 2019, when the school unfortunately closed. Creating and continually updating a curriculum for Kindergarten through 8th grade has been a fun and sometimes frustrating journey. I’ve learned a lot and hopefully my students have, too.

This blog is my attempt to reflect on the things that work – and don’t work – in the lab. I know when I first took the job as the computer teacher, I spent hours searching for information on teaching technology to Kindergarten through 8th Grade. My hope is that my experiences might help someone else who’s just starting out as a computer teacher in an elementary and/or middle school environment.

I do not accept advertising on my blog and I pay for and maintain it myself. The views I express here are my own and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of any school districts or specific school. Please see my disclosure page for additional information.

Connect with meĀ online at: