Back in July, I was tagged by Nedra at My Journey into the World of Elementary Tech for the PD Meme started by Clif Mims and I posted this on the StM Computer Lab Blog. I am now moving professional development & teaching reflection information over to this blog so I’m reposting it so I can comment on it next week.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/353.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
My 3 Goals
- Read at least 1 of the books on my Shelfari shelf.
- Become familiar with wikis and set up 2 of them so they are ready to go in September. The first one will be used as our Class Website for next year. I have set this up however I have just started adding all of the content that I want to have there. I need to set up the students since I will have them do some posting to the wiki and I haven’t even attempted that yet. The second wiki will be used as a year-long Social Studies project for the 8th Grade. Once again, I have set this up but have a long way to go with content and I have to establish student accounts.
- Like Nedra who tagged me, I too want to learn all about podcasting. I’ve read a lot about it but never really done it and I want to use it with at least one class next year so I need to know as much as possible.
Tag – You’re It!